How to Woo your Customers this Valentine's Day
The week of Valentine’s Day is finally upon us. If you haven’t made your Valentine cards or decorated the walls with paper hearts, you’re more than a little behind the game. However, it’s not too late to take advantage of the holiday and do some themey marketing. What better day is there to show your customers some love? Take a look at these last-minute ideas for sweeping your customers off of their feet:
Make the most of social media.
Social media is the procrastinating marketer’s dream. There’s no printing or mailing involved, so you can reach out to customers instantaneously.
- Consider holding a contest on Valentine’s Day. You could have people tweet or post about their love stories or worst date experiences. Whether you appeal to emotion or humor, a chance to share personal experiences will get people engaged.
- Tweet at other businesses that you have good relationships with, saying, “Happy Valentine’s Day, @insertyourfavoritebusinesshere! We love what you do!” Chances are, they will reciprocate your affection.
- Come up with a fun Valentine’s Day-themed game. For example, find or make cupids of some kind (they can even be printed out pictures) and place them throughout your neighborhood or city. Instagram, tweet and post pictures of them in their different locations. The first person to find each cupid can return it to you for a prize.
- If you’ve hopped on the Snapchat bandwagon, take a quirky picture of the people in your office and adorn it with hand drawn hearts and typical Valentine’s Day sayings. Your customers will appreciate your playfulness.
Harness the power of email.
It’s another method of immediate communication and is perfect if you’re going for a slightly more professional tone.
- Send messages to your best customers. Thank them specifically and tell them why you appreciate their business so much. If you want, include a gift of some kind.
- Send a mass email to all of your customers. Whether you make it fun and flashy or sophisticated and romantic, they will appreciate that you took the time to design a special Valentine’s Day greeting for them. It’s also a great opportunity to announce any sales or promotions that you’re having.